MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, December 8, 2014

As I type lovely rain is falling on the garden...beautiful! I swear I can hear the plants cheering.
Not so long ago I was given the sweetest little book by a friend when I was feeling a little down. It contains beautiful photographs and inspirational words and so I thought I would share it with you. Australian Nature photographer extraordinaire Steve Parish whose work I just adore has produced these little books with Kate Prentice having written the text.
I think that if you are looking for that perfect very reasonably priced gift or stocking stuffer (that is not junk)these little books are just the ticket and are real treasures... there are 8 in the series....
All gorgeous! This is Steve's website Here You should pop over for a look see. I just love my little book.
Not much stitching going on here at the moment.....I keep getting seduced by my pencils and the beautiful creatures we share our world with. This often happens when I need inspiration for a new project. It seems to let the creative muse come up with something without my interference.
Just on a side note...you know one of the dumbest things I ever did was to let someone tell me it was time that I grew up and stopped playing with those pencils! So if you have a child who draws or is creative NEVER say that and always encourage their efforts...thankfully I am now making up for lost time even if I do mourn those lost years.
Hope you get to do something creative today.
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

15 comments:

  1. Lovely post as always. I'll have to seek out those books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books look fantastic Michelle. If you enjoy something, you should continue doing it no matter what others say, life is too short not to do the things that give you enjoyment. Have a great day. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle what gorgeous books and i am so glad you are know drawing to your hearts content,my son was very good at drawing but he just stopped when he was at high school,enjoy your day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughtless people can cause great unhappiness with unkind remarks.......I know. Keep on drawing! We're waiting for our now-daily rain to start, December's totals are over average, for the first time in many many months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Steve Parish books also Michelle, every time one of our expats returns to Japan I include one along with their farewell gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep on drawing. You never need to stop doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the rain is lovely... even when I am watching it skirt around us!! Now pick up your pencils and start playing like the child in there!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are all thankful you did pick up your pencils! Naughty negative comments from some folks can be crushing.
    I have some of Steve's books, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Leeanne there Michelle, we are definately grateful you picked up your pencils again !!!! Those books look gorgeous, as do your chrissie ornies. Oh p.s please send some gentle rain our way, its looking a little crisp already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure some people do not think before opening their mouths. It would have been our loss if you hadn't taken up drawing again and boy we are so glad you did Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gardens always cheer for the rain Michelle, isn't it such a lovely thought?!
    Glad you're getting so much joy from your pencils - they're such a simple item, easy to take for granted, but boy they provide so much food for the soul

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope you found some mud from that rain.........I love Steve Parish photos.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another lovely post and yes what a shame people still say DUMB things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely festive feel to your post and header photo. Not long now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so pleased you decided to go your own way with your pencils!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.