MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

In Our Neck of the Woods

Saturday we had an early birthday celebration for our son as he is in hospital today for it after undergoing major surgery. Not a fun way to spend your birthday. it was a great family day full of noise, chatter, kids, very nice food and laughter.
We of course had to have cake.....and cupcakes even better!
It's always good to have help blowing out your candles...
and doing a bit of a taste test...yep! All good!
Thanks Aunty Melissa for the piccies!

Happy Birthday Lucas...love ya lots xxx
On the sewing front, lots of quilting still and a little bit of red work. I haven't stitch this one for a very long time and I am really enjoying it.
When I visited Fiona up on her mountain, she was telling us she was off the air with computer issues and how awful it was. We all commiserated and teased her just a teensy bit.....I got home and.... my tablet had died lol! That'll learn me!! Much moping took place.....and then...
My lovely husband bought me a very early birthday gift (secretly I think he was sick of looking at the saaad face lol)....it is so nice and takes piccies too! Yay! I was never totally happy with the one before but not knowing anything about them....but I now know better....love this one!
Isn't she pretty? Yes I know that is just the case.
Thought I would tease you just a little more about the "Michelle's Secret Stitching Long Term Project".....won't be too much longer!
Intrigued???? I hope so! LOL!
I hope if you are here in Oz that you are managing to keep snuggly and warm. It's blowing a gale here today.
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

21 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and hope that the surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your sons surgery went well Michelle & he makes a good recovery. Your new tablet looks great = as does that secret gift parcel, beautifully wrapped up & waiting . . . Yes I am intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to be able to have early birthday celebrations with all the family for Lucas and so glad all went okay. That early birthday gift from Mr R looks pretty special

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to Lucas, and fingers crossed for the best of all possible results, Michelle. And Happy Birthday too, of course. What lovely family pics you have shared. Thought of you this morning when I was tracing off a few of your patterns :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending positive energies that all is going/went well with your son's surgery

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter what always great to be able to get together and celebrate with family.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter what always great to be able to get together and celebrate with family.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers and positive thoughts for your son and congrats on the new tablet...sure has a pretty cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope there will be a good outcome for your son's surgery, not the sort of birthday present we would give ourselves?
    Lovely pics with the kiddos too.
    HOw lucky to have a new toy to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing only good things for you son Michelle, cupcakes always make you feel a little better. Nice pressie your hubby sure is a keeper..

    ReplyDelete
  11. best wishes for your son. The cupcakes look yummy.....as does the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope everything goes well for your family Michelle....love the new tablet cover......probably because its the same as mine and we all know that a red one will go faster....lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, if you have to be in hospital for your birthday it is definitely better to have had cake beforehand. Happy Birthday to Lucas.
    Lots of playing to be had with that new tablet!
    Too cold to even consider going outside today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely birthday celebrations Michelle. Best wishes for your son for his surgery

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful Lucus was able to celebrate his birthday early with all his favorite folk. Best wishes for his surgery.

    As always you are doing some lovely stitching.
    Pleased Hubby bought you an early BD present. Not nice having no communications..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely family, hope Lucas recovers very quickly. Beautiful new gift, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Michelle ,so glad Lucas is okay and how nice to have all the family help him celebrate his birthday .Cant wait to see your secret project,hope you day is a good one my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. All the best for Lucas.
    Lovely case for your new toy...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done to DH ... wonderful gift.... such a special celebration with Lucas.... can't wait for the big reveal...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best wishes for you son Michelle, hope all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Belated Birthday to Lucas. Hope everything has gone well surgery wise.

    Enjoy your new toy. I got a new Ipad a few weeks ago to replace my older one and Im as much in love with the new one as I was the former one ( which my Dad is now getting addicted to )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.