MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Down By the Bay

Today I spent a couple of hours at the historic Old Schoolhouse Gallery at Cleveland.
Loved the sculpture at the front....
It has little secret recesses with treasures inside...
As I mentioned in previous posts I, along with my other classmates at art were asked to submit 2 pieces for the annual Student Exhibition at the gallery. It felt very strange but exciting to see my two drawings hung....
I felt very blessed that some of my dear friends journeyed down to take a peek....thank you girls! It meant so much. It was nice to explain how the drawings are created.
Myself and others enjoyed watching my teacher Sandra Temple demonstrating painting leaf litter on canvas...4 at once!
and my fellow classmate Diane Smith working on a gorgeous little furry person scratchboard piece.
The gallery is a really beautiful space. I love seeing our history preserved and used in such a way. The art and gallery seem a perfect match. At the moment they are raising funds to move the historical Station Master's Cottage to the site which would be amazing.
It is a beautiful cottage.....all donations will be very gratefully received I can assure you.
The exhibition is on for another 2 weekends....I actually made some little purchases too. So lovely for the gift box. There is something special about buying a handmade piece.
Our refreshments attracted a little visitor who thought a crumb or two may  fall his way.
On that note I shall say farewell......stitching next post I promise!
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

8 comments:

  1. Michelle!! So wonderful, you are now exhibited in a gallery, and a very nice one too. Congratulations - you have come a long way in a very short time. I am cheering for you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see your work on display Michelle...
    lovely building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Your display is lovely and I bet you were thrilled. That magie pic would make a good drawing too. A wonderful venue.

      Delete
  3. How exciting to see your work on display. And it is also wonderful that the buildings are being put to such good use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely seeing some of your own work on display, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You clever cookie. Your work is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo, you're framed & on display, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely opportunity and your art work is amazing
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.